Have severe dandruff, noticed patches on forehead and cheek. Any cure?

I have medium to severe dandruff and of late I have noticed patches forming on my forehead and a small patch of skin on my cheek has turned paler and drier - I am worried that this may spread and its becoming a social embarrassmnt...please advise
Posted Sat, 9 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 10 minutes later
With the description given by you.
It can be any of the following things.
1. Psoriasis
2. Seborrheic dermatitis.
3. Normal dandruff with skin lesion.

To comment specifically, I need to see the clinical picture.
Please upload the picture of your scalp showing the scaling as well as the picture of skin lesion on your face.

You have a feature to upload the images by yourself on the right side of this query page. Please utilize it.

Thank you
Follow-up: Have severe dandruff, noticed patches on forehead and cheek. Any cure? 12 hours later
Doctor I have uploaded the photos - please peruse the same and advise
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later

Thanks for the photos.

The pictures resemble a fungal infection. Therefore based on the photos sent fungal infection of skin and scalp is the most likely possibility presenting as discoloration and on scalp as dandruff.

Here is my advice for you.
1. Use shampoo sebowash alternate days for 15 days followed by shampoo 8 x alternate day for 3 months, each shampooing must be followed by a hair conditioner. take triflow, it is a good conditioner.
2. For lesions on the face use oint clotrimazole twice daily for a month.

I hope you will get good results with this. Let me know if you need any clarification.

Best wishes