Have severe dandruff, hair fall and rough hair. Looking for solution

Hi, doctor my name is XXXXXXX I stay in blore my age 25 an height 5.2 my problem is that I have straighted my hair 2 years back an after 8 months I did root touch up while doing the root touch up the salon people did some mistake an after my first wash my hair got damaged and it was very rough an my previous straighting was also gone.the products used for me was loreal an matrix still now I'm using the same product an also since from 6 months I'm facing the problem of severe dandruff problem an hair loss.can u give me some solutions for my problem.thank you,
Posted Tue, 2 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Patel 14 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX forum. Thank you for your query.

It seems that you have a sensitive hair. Straightening is very harsh process and you may damage your hair permanently, if not done in proper way. Hair loss may last up to one and half year after the procedure. Product used is good and standard. You should apply good conditioner after every hair wash and keep it for 5 minute. Applying oil before hair wash will improve hair texture and quality.
For dandruff problem you should use ketoconazole containing shampoo twice a week. Keep your hair hygiene well. Hair loss has many reasons like stress, hormones, diet, drug etc. In your case, it may be due to stress to the hair by procedure. We call it telogen effluvium .

You can take diet XXXXXXX in protein. Biotin containing medicine will help you.

If the problem persists you need to check hemoglobin, thyroid and vitamin b12 level. I would like to know some more details
- Are you taking any medication right now?
- Did you have any health problem in the last 6 months?
- Do you have any physical or mental stress?

Awaiting your response

Thank you