Have severe bowel pain. Noticed puss coming from bowel. Had two colonoscopies normal. Remedy?

I have severe bowel pain for almost two years now. I have recently noticed puss coming from my bowel. This has been happening for quite some time. I originally thought the puss was vaginal discharge, but it is definately coming from the bowel. I have had two colonoscopies, found nothing but that was app. a year ago. I have also been tested for Porphyria.
Posted Wed, 10 Jul 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Hi and thanks for the query,

I do perfectly understand you are actually worried at this point in time, which of course is justified. However, I believe there are still a lot of options that can be exploited to drastically improve on your health condition.

The very first thing is having a specialist physician consultation to confirm the origin, and define the actual trajectory of the pus. If its from the bowel, a proctologist/or general surgeon would be better placed to do this. There are simple tests added to a properly done physical examination to have a correct and exact diagnosis. A fistulography shall be very appropriate added to endoscopy under these circumstances.

A proper collection of the pus, so it be sent for a culture and sensitivity tests is also very appropriate. Possible causes could be a fistula, perianal abscess or chronic inflammatory bowel disease.

I suggest you book an appointment with a proctologist or general surgeon for a proper evaluation. An exact diagnosis will facilitate treatment. Do not hesitate asking further precise questions if need be.

Wishing you good health. Best regards,

Bain LE, MD.