Have severe back and neck pain. Desktop work. Get pain in elbow and palm. What to do?

Spine Surgeon
- Severe back & neck pain, specially after I get up from sleep
- Use key board & mouse extensively, get severe pain in the center of palm & elbow
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need to be investigated

Detailed Answer:
I understand your concern. Most common reason for the back pain is back muscle spasm if problem is long standing then it may be due to disc degeneration (loosing water content of the disc). Are you doing any exercise regularly?
I would suggest to consult an orthopaedic doctor and get a thorough exam. In diabetic people sometimes neuropathy can cause sever pain in arm and palm. I would suggest to get spine MRI as well to know about wear and tear of the spine and if there is any pressure on the nerves in spine.
Do you use laptop or desktop? laptop not good if you are using for longer period in daily basis. Please upload xrays of the spine if you have. Thanks.