Have severe anxiety and major depressive disorder. What could be the reason for crying?

Dec 2014

Hi Dr. I have a severe anxiety and panic disorder as well as major depressive disorder i am having anxiety attacks all the time and cannot go on like this as wll as crying a lot through out the day i am anxious all the time and need some help. I need some medications prescribed from you is possible I Cannot leave my house to see someone my anxiety is so bad
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: Welcome to Health Care Magic You have complaints of anxiety attacks, crying spells and you are not able to leave house because of anxiety. See anxiety disorders and depressive disorders are co-morbid. Severe anxiety usually precipitates depression. There is need to visit a Psychiatrist for best treatment. Non medicinal treatment like Breathing Exercises, Yoga, Meditation, Progressive Muscle Relaxation Exercises etc result in improvement in anxiety. Once relaxation is achieved then Behavior Therapy by a Psychologist helps to improve the condition. Medicines like SSRI as Fluoxetine, Sertaline, Paroxetine etc helps to improve the condition. Benzodiazepines like Clonazepam helps to provide symptomatic control of anxiety. I would need more details of symptoms so that I can provide a better advise, you can write this in follow-up question. Thanks, hope this helps you.
Follow-up: Have severe anxiety and major depressive disorder. What could be the reason for crying? 14 hours later
I know all of the things that you have told me already I am having anxiety attacks multiple times a day and I feel as if I am going to die. I feel anxious all of the time even when not in an attack. I am not sleeping much and have no appetite most of the time. I feel like I have an elephant sitting on my chest and cant catch my breath I know it is my anxiety I know I need to medications that is why I paid to talk to you. Yesterday I sat in my closet in cried I have no interest in doing much of anything and feel sad most of the time. Can you prescribe me a combination of medication that will work please.
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 23 hours later
Brief Answer: Hello again Detailed Answer: There are a lot of medicines that are useful for anxiety and depressive symptoms. You should consult a Psychiatrist in person for proper prescription. Medicines like SSRIs as Fluoxetine, Paroxetine, Sertaline etc are commonly used to correct serotonin transmission in brain which is thought to be cause of symptoms of anxiety. Other medicines like Benzodiazepines like Etizolam, Clonazepam can be used for symptomatic control of anxiety. The symptoms like chocking in chest, heaviness in chest, anxiety attacks etc are only due to anxiety disorder so there is need to take medicines for same. Thanks