Have several quarter size bruised spots around waist on back. Could it be ringworm?

Around my waist on my back I have several quarter size bruised spots.Has redish outline like ringworm?
Posted Sun, 7 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

As long as there has not been any significant trauma or injury to that part of your back these areas what you have described are likely manifestations of a mild fungal infection. This is also referred to as ringworm.

The best way to treat this is with a topical cream. I would recommend a topical cream which has the active ingredient clotrimazole. this can be obtained over the counter at your pharmacy. I would suggest that you use it two or three times per day for about one week.

Thanks again for sending your question. If you have any additional concerns regarding this matter I would be happy to discuss those with you.

Dr Robert