Have sever constipation after Invitro fertilization treatment. On ayurvedic medicines. Why do I belch frequently?

General Surgeon
I am having sever constipation now when I have undergone ivf treatment two days back; I am currently using aurvedic medicine download for my constipation problem, but my bowl does not get cleared every day and I belch frequently and release gas several times.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 2 hours later

Thanks for the query

As it is only 2 days post Invitro fertilisation (IVF) strong laxatives needs to be avoided. Strong laxatives may decrease the success rates of IVF to some extents.

In such cases you can try high fiber diets, plenty of salads and whole wheat bread. Drinking plenty of water preferably warm water may help.

You can also take mild laxatives after completion of IVF.

Hope I have answered your question well to your satisfaction. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Wish you speedy complete recovery.

Dr .Bajoria