Have serum sickness. Feeling fatigue, lightheaded, pain in spine and throat. Blood vessel related?

Spine Surgeon
My name is XXXXXXX I am 27y/o. I have a past hx of a chronic csf leak of the thoracic spine, had a laminectomy t7-t10. Later, had a serum sickness and immunologist said I needed Ivig. During infusion, serious spinal pain (NEVER HAD SPINAL PAIN BEFORE.) Now, when I eat I have immediate pain when I swallow and the food hits the thoracic area of my surgery. (No trouble swallowing). In addition to pain, I have loss of feeling in my arms and legs, SOB and lightheadness and serious fatigue. It abates slowly after a period of hours. But the nexgt day I amvery impaired in terms of energy and I look very pale. this all happens within seconds of eating and it happens the same way evert time I eat. Liquids cause the worst reaction. Is this blood vessel related? I also have increased mast cell/histamine since my serum sickness. Please help
Posted Mon, 18 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 1 hour later
Thanks for the query. The symptoms described are related to serum sickness.

In serum sickness, you may get arthralgia and myalgia. It seems that you developed allergic reactions to various medicines and food items. The thoracic spine surgery is not currently related to these symptoms.

Chronic CSF leak may cause local pain at surgery site and positional headache. Have you got recent MRI spine to know if there is any CSF collection at operated site? You need to consult allergy specialist. They usually perform various tests to detect the allergic food items.

Let me know if you have more concerns. Thanks.