Have sensitivity on labia minora. Have sore like pimples on labia majora. Suggest?

Mar 2013
Hello. Tonight when I went to wipe myself after going to the restroom I noticed a sensitivity on my labia minora. When I looked and touched down there it feels as though there is a lump that is sore like a pimple on the right side of my labia majora. I am going for a doctor's appointment tomorrow but wanted to get an opinion tonight as I am worried.
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
What you have sounds like a small boil.
This could be a small infected hair follicle.
If you shave / depilate yourself down there, it could be due to the friction.
A boil could be in response to allergy to a local substance - fabric, panty liners, tampons, medicated soaps or shampoos, tissue paper etc.
It is basically a small collection of fluid and a little pus, that is what a boil is.
As it is sore, that is why I am considering the first possibility of a boil.
Another possibility could be a small ingrown hair follicle.
A small vaginal cyst also could present itself in this way.
Just to be on the safer side, I hope you have had a thorough STI screening.
If not, please get it done tomorrow.
A picture of the lesion would help me provide you a better diagnosis, if you could upload one.
Even otherwise, do not worry, as most such boils / pimples go away on their own.
Just ensure that you do not handle the area with your bare hands.
Avoid touching / rubbing / lancing it.
Do not overly clean or vigorously douche the area.
Wear soft cotton undergarments, and change them often to keep the area clean and dry.
Do not use perfumed or medicated strong soaps or cleansers or lotions.
As it is not painful to you, do not use anything till you visit the doctor and have a diagnosis in hand.
At the most, a topical antibacterial ointment might be applied, or you might sprinkle some dry Neosporin powder onto your panties to keep the area dry.
Nothing more needs to be done right away.
Take care, and please feel free to ask for further clarifications.