Have sensitive skin and prescribed brite nite. Using Suncros lotion. Noticed pimples. Suggest medication?

Hi doctor,
I have very sensitive skin n lately i had blemishes so my doc suggested me brite nite n brite day creams. I was also using suncros lotion spf 50. My blemishes are lite now but i suddenly have pimples which i never had in my life. Also i am having antioxidant tablets. Plz suggest me what to do with these pimples n also suggest me a good sunscreen with spf 50 for oily skin
Posted Sun, 11 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Sometimes use of too many creams can induce acne in an oily skin.
As your blemishes are reduced, I would advise you to continue with brite night only. You may stop brite day. Suncros aqua gel is a good sunscreen. Other options for oily skin are suncote and photobloc and ultra guard.
Use a Glycolic acid based facewash like melawash twice in a day. It would reduce oiliness, help in acne as well as pigmentation. Use adapalene clindamycin combination or adapalene nadoxin combination gel over acne lesions.

Hopefully in few days your skin would improve.
Should there be a query, please write back.