Have sensitive and painful stomach. Not cured by tums and pepcid ac. What's going on?

For the last couple of weeks my stomache feels extra sensitive or raw in a way. Its always cramping & seems as if i feel everything that is going on inside of it. It seems extremely sensived especially when i have to go the bathroom. Ive tried Tums & pepcid AC neither seem to work. Not sure whats going on.
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 13 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

Your symptoms of pain abdomen, bowel disturbances and tenesmus suggests amoebiasis.
Metronidazole is the drug of choice. I suggest you to consult your physician for prescription as the drug needs to be taken under supervision.
Do you have any of the below symptoms like:
1. Urgency for bowel movements?
2. Feeling of incomplete evacuation?
3. Bloating or abdominal distention?
4. Are your menstrual period normal?
Waiting for your reply,
Dr Nilofer
Follow-up: Have sensitive and painful stomach. Not cured by tums and pepcid ac. What's going on? 20 minutes later
Please note i have always had issue with constipation as far back as i can remember. Also i do have feeling of incomplete evauation & bloating or abdominal distention.
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 9 hours later
Thanks for your follow up query.

There are many causes of constipation including medications, poor bowel habits, low fiber diets and hormonal imbalance.
I recommend you to get your blood tested to rule out hypothyroidism and colonoscopy for Colonic motility studies.

I suggest you to reconsider your eating habits:
1. Avoid junk food.
2. Avoid eating anything from outside. Consume only home prepared food.
3. Your diet must include more of fiber like fruits and vegetables, wheat or oat XXXXXXX
4. Serve yourself one cup of yogurt everyday.
5. Avoid stress, exercise moderately.
6. Be active and have a healthy lifestyle.

Hope this helps.
Dr Nilofer