Have sensibility to tonsillitis, flu, red throat and fever. Remedy?

Feb 2013

I need some information from a child's pediatrician about sensibility to tonsillitis!every time he have the flu, do red throat and fever! can you tell about a good treatment for immunity?my son is 3 years old!thank you
Posted Sun, 21 Jul 2013 in Vaccinations
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 2 days later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Frequent upper respiratory tract infections are common in children younger than 6 years because of frequent exposure to common pathogenic viruses, bacteria and because their low acquired immunity.

They are prone for these infection because of spread from the weather, from the other children while play or in day care.

As the age grows, they acquire resistance and immunity to most of these common infections as their body produce antibodies and immune cells against these infecting organisms.

Prevention is always better than treatment.

I advise you to take him for annual flu vaccination after discussing with your pediatrician. This will improve his immunity against flu by forming antibodies against the flu virus.

Give him a balanced and nutritious diet which consists of vegetables, leafy vegetables, and fresh seasonal fruits on daily basis.

Maintain his hands hygiene by washing frequently as most of respiratory infections will spread by hands.

Avoid exposing the child to crowds, people with cold and cough, and to cold weather.

And give all other routine vaccinations as per the schedule.

These measures will improve his immunity and decrease the frequency of flu attacks.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.