Have sensation of being punched in the stomach when trying to sleep and involuntary grunts. Cause?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I have the sensation of being punched in the stomach when trying to sleep, I make involuntary grunts at the same time. This happens nearly every night.
Posted Thu, 5 Sep 2013 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take rabeprazole along with domperidone

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

It may be either due to acid peptic disease or Peptic ulcer disease

Take a proton pump inhibitor like rabeprazole along with some prokinetic agent like domperidone. Avoid fatty meals, and take dinner at least 3 hours before going to sleep.

If symptoms are not relieved with these then you need to be checked up personally by a doctor who may advise for ultrasound abdomen or may be endoscopy examination
I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch and get-well soon.

Follow-up: Have sensation of being punched in the stomach when trying to sleep and involuntary grunts. Cause? 1 hour later
I have already tried these drugs,they made no difference. I do not suffer from acid or peptic ulsters. I can only stay that the feeling is akin to restless legs but in the diaphram.

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need check up personally by a doctor

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Sorry for delay.

You need to be checked up by a doctor personally since this is happening every night. Please visit a doctor