Have sensation from throat to chest with chest heaviness. Had spirometry test, given Emlukast. Suggest?

Hi. From last week i am sensing catch from throat to chest and chest heaviness. Been to doctor today and went through the spirometry test. Doctor suggested me to take Emlukast FX (Fexofenadine Hydrochloride) medicine. Please help me understand what is the purpose of the proposed medicine and thoughts on the symptoms i have mentioned. Also i am feeling strange sense & smell in mouth and tongue orally. When i've checked with my wife she said there is no such smell from me :)
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Allergy / Atypical chest pain need investigation

Detailed Answer:
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Fexofenadine is given for allergy...In combination with montelukast, it is likely, allergic bronchitis (or asthma) is the diagnostic consideration... Spirometry is the investigation for lung function and might have strengthened the diagnostic possibility

Your symptoms do not suggest Coronary Artery Disease (CAD). However, any pain at this age should be investigated as heart pain, especially so, in this setting of blood pressure, which is a risk factor for heart. EKG (may be TMT - Treadmill exercise ECG - later) / ECHOcardiogram / LABORATORY work-up – may all be necessary for further assessment and assistance. The treating doctor may suggest them depending on need, based on his assessment of the situation.

Feeling of unusual smell, which cannot be confirmed by others – may mean Depression.

Discuss with your doctor...

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck