Have second stage pelvic organ prolapse and found pregnancy. Is there any complication?

I have had First possibly second stage pelvic organ prolapse for a year. I just found out I am 6 wks pregnant and feel concerned about the risks involved with the prolapse. What can go wrong and how can I manage/prevent that? Do women have successful pregnancies with prolapse and carry full term?
Posted Fri, 28 Dec 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 42 minutes later
In early pregnancy with prolapse there are increased chances of abortion as compared to normal one. So you should rest in leg-end raised position means your legs should be above the level of head during rest or sleep.
Once uterus goes upwards means second trimester onwards chances of abortion remain minimal but still you would have to remain careful.
In case of prolapse you can have successful pregnancy & even normal delivery but consult your gynaecologist regularly & follow instructions as advised by her.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be available for your further queries.