Have seborrhoeic eczema on testicles and using neosporin. Suggest the cure

HI, I have searched images online and have dedeuced that I have Seborrhoeic eczema on mt testicals and skin around my testicals. It hasnt scaled up bc ive kept it moisturized with natural body butters, coconut oils, etc and have just started using Neosporin. It starts to itch badly about twice a day, and then i apply some sort of moisturizer and it subsides, Ive stopped wearing underwear as its seems to be agitated by heat. Ive had it for a month now, i remember it came after i swam in a natural resevoir, however it may be unrelated. I've been under a lot of pressure at work, so it may be stress related. Ive never had exzema or psoriaisis before. How can i cure this? can it be done with over the counter drugs. Thanks
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the query and photograph. It is looking like fungal infection,( tinea cruris). Please apply oint clotrimazole and take an antifungal tablet like fluconazole. You will get response within 15 days. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you
Follow-up: Have seborrhoeic eczema on testicles and using neosporin. Suggest the cure 6 minutes later
is this medicine over the counter or do i need an Rx. Canu provide me with an Rx online? THe photo i sent you was not mine, nut looks identical, and the diagnosis was given on that website as Seborrhoeic eczema. what makes you think that its tinea cruris? Where does it come from? Can you give more detailed info
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello, It is a fungal infection. As you mentioned you had this after a bath in pond, the diagnosis becomes more clear. Pond has lot of fungi and when we take bath these get lodged in folds of skin. As the genital area is soft and moist the fungus develops and causes infection. Yes the medicationis available over the counter. Ask for clodid b cream, apply it twice daily for 15 days. Take tab fungicide 150 mg per week for 4 weeks. Thank you