Have seborrhoeic dermatitis, red skin, peeling, burning sensation, itchy spots on chest, tried Dactakort. Permanent solution?

As detected by doctors earlier I am suffering from Seborrhoeic dermatitis. Every few days, my face becomes red and skin starts to peel off, also it gives a burning sensation. There are such small red itchy spots on my chest and pubic region as well. Similarily I have a lot of dandruff in my head.
As per the doctor's advice, I tried many medicines like Dactakort, Mometesone Furoate and few others. When using them, the skin is good for few days, and when I stop them, it again starts becoming red, and in few days comes to a stage when my face is all red, and burns a lot. Could you please advice some permanent solution available for this problem. Also, any precautions, eating habits I have to improve for this?
Posted Tue, 3 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 6 hours later

Thanks for posting your query. I am glad to be of assistance to you.

I can understand your concern.

Seborrheic dermatitis is a chronic problem and can keep recurring. It is eczema like an allergy; your body has a tendency to develop it.

Therefore, it cannot be completely cured but it can be kept in check. We can keep it under control.

I have understood from your information that you have used many different creams, but your condition comes back as soon as you stop them.

Hence I would like to advise the use of pimecrolimus cream to be applied twice a day in addition to the mometasone furoate cream which has to be applied once a day on the affected areas.

This cream has a good action on conditions like eczema and will help in better control of your condition.

To wash your scalp thrice a day with ciclopirox oleamine shampoo will be useful.

I hope my recommendations will be helpful for you.

Please let me know if you have more queries.