Have seborrhoea. Feeling flatulence and heaviness after taking bhringraj ghan vati. Side effect?

Ayurveda Specialist
I had consulted one of ayurvedic dctors through this forum only for sebarreahea.
This was the advise given

Please start the following medicines right now1. Majisthadi ghan vati 2 tabs twice a day2. Aarogya vardhini ras 2 tabs twice a day3. Bhringraj ghan vati 2 tabs twice day4. Gandhak rasayan 1 tab twice a day All medicines have to take with water and you can take all medicines empty stomach too. Also recommending you external use1. Shampoo – you can continue Himalaya anti dandruff shampoo or can wash hair with amla, aritha and shikhakai podwer. Should have to keep 1 table spoon powder for 2-3 hours in water and use the water with paste of power by mixing manually.2. Use : mix karanjadi oil and dhaturpatradi oil in equal quantity and apply on scalp and affected area too. (Do not apply on wet hair)

My queries are as follows
1) i am unable to find Bhringraj ghan vati in the market. mostly poweder is available. What to do or can you suggest me some pharma co. or shop in Bangalore where i can buy this?
2) I feel every since i have started taking these medicines I feel flatulance and heavy. feel the stool has not bee passed completely. could this be because of medicines.?
3) appreciate a second opinion on the medicines/ treatment?
Posted Sat, 23 Mar 2013 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 6 hours later
Welcome to health care magic,
Regarding your problem and treatment, I believe that as per ayurveda this is routine treatment for seborrhoea. There is nothing to worry if bhringraj is not available. Continue with the rest of this treatment.
In addition to this I will advise you to maintain proper hygiene and not to scratch the area off and on as nails are not always clean and this can lead to secondary infection. XXXXXXX breathing cheerful attitude and balanced diet also contribute for quick recovery.
Increase the immunity of the body so that either such ailment does not surface or if they are there a quick relief is received. In such cases I usually use Haridra khand which helps to increase immunity and also reduce irritation and inflammation as turmeric is the main ingredient here.
As far as constipation is concerned, usually these drugs are not constipating but if you feel use of trifla tablet or powder at night can be taken.
Wish you a perfect health.
Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul
Follow-up: Have seborrhoea. Feeling flatulence and heaviness after taking bhringraj ghan vati. Side effect? 15 hours later
Hi thanks for your revert. Pls answer my folloowing three queries.

1)Can you advise dosage of Haridra khand and how long do i need to take it?

also one unrelated query. my sperm count was found to be 18 M it is low as i have a varicocoele. My family is looking for a suitable match for me.
2)should i take any medicines which increase the sperm count now or should i wait till marriage?

3)also if you feel medicine can be taken now then pls recomend something which can increase the sperm count and other vital parameters permanently for good.

i am also worried varicolcoele will make me infertile.

Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 1 hour later
Welcome back,

1. As far as dose of haridra khand is concerned half tea spoon twice a day will suffice. Regarding duration it can be taken for a long period; in your case I think around two months should cure the problem totally.

2. Regarding sperm count you need not worry for the time being, as for pregnancy factors as motility are more important. Your problem will not render you infertile.

3. Ayurveda has number of herbs that increase count and cure sex related problems.
For the time being you need not worry about other factors.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Wish you a happy married life.
Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul