Have seborrhea and hair fall. What is causing the thinning of hairs?

I have seboreah for years and I have sever hairfall I dont have it in my genes because my parents and grand parents all had hair. I want to know the cause of thiing hair is it beacuse of seboreah or it it MPB.
Posted Mon, 6 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 1 hour later
I would be pleased to answer your question.

Common causes of hairfall are low hemoglobin , nutritional deficiencies , male pattern baldness , long term scalp problems like scalp dermatitis .
External Hair treatments.
Thanks and Take care
Follow-up: Have seborrhea and hair fall. What is causing the thinning of hairs? 4 minutes later
Thankyou doctor..

I want to know whether the hairfall is due to MPB or scalp dermatitis...
what are the symptoms for scalp dermatitis...

I have thinning all over scalp
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 4 minutes later
Thanks for the reply .

Scalp Dermatitis can cause itching , irritation , red scaling over the scalp .
You hair fall might be due to seborrheic dermatitis . If you do not have any family history of hair fall , MPB may not be likely if the pattern is general thinning.
MPB starts characteristically with hair frontal thinning and then procedes backwards.
Thanks and takecare