Have seasonal allergies. Face and eyes swollen. Related to allergy?

I have seasonal allergies but recently the left side of my face and my eye swells up. It get worse every time it happens and lasts a couple of days. Is this related to m allergies?
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 21 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

You are suffering from allergy and the symptoms mentioned by you are a result of that. Have you been able to identify anything that causes such symptoms like exposure to dust, smoke or contact with any substance like cosmetics, edible items , perfumes etc? How frequent are the symptoms?

If you have been able to identify any causative agents, its best to avoid them. You should also avoid exposure to dust and smoke and harsh sunlight. You may take some anti allergens like levocetrizine whenever symptoms occur. Some times a short course of oral steroids may be required after consulting your family physician. I do hope you do not have any breathing difficulty or difficulty in swallowing. If that happens anytime during these symptoms you should immediately reort to an ER in a hospital.