Have scratched face due to itching. How to remove the dark marks?

I have scratched my face because of some itching and now the new skin is little black, How can I remove this?
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
You seem to have developed post inflammatory hyperpigmentation due to scratching.
Now to treat PIH
1)use a sunscreen with SPF at least 30 like suncote or photoban or shadowz. Sunscreen should be used between 10 am to 4 pm and should be repeated every two to three hours . Apply it 20 minutes prior to sun exposure.
2) take oral vitamin c supplement like limcee 500 mg twice in a day
3) apply kojivit cream over affected area twice in a day.

Hope that helped.
Should there be any other doubt feel free to write back.