Have scars over lungs which show up in the X-ray. Had TB. What can be done to get rid of it?

hi doctor i am XXXXXXX XXXXXXX from india. i had suffered with TB but now i am ok.. however now i have scars over my lungs which show up in the X-ray and had to loose better jobs in dubai. what can be done to get rid of this scares and get my X-ray clear..
Posted Tue, 30 Jul 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 10 minutes later

Hope you are doing well. It is very unfortunate that you are unable to pursue your career outside India. I am sorry on that.

You have suffered from TB and are fine now. However, the scars over your lungs are permanent. They cannot be really cleared up or gotten rid of. I am sorry on that as well.

The only possibility by which the scars can be gotten rid of is by surgical excision of the scarred area on your lungs. A trained expert in Pulmonology can only do this. Also, the surgery is a major one and risky too.

I hope this helps you.

Follow-up: Have scars over lungs which show up in the X-ray. Had TB. What can be done to get rid of it? 4 minutes later
hoe expensive is the surgery, i there should be some other treatment apart from surgery and what all country apart from middle east dont entertain the people who had TB before but now are ok..
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 9 minutes later
The surgery should cost you in lakhs, say around 2 to 2.5 lakhs. There is no other treatment as I mentioned in my earlier reply. Even rarest of surgeons do this surgery depending on the risk-benefit ration to the patient.

Most of the tropical countries, the US, European nations do not entertain people who show signs of TB on chest x-ray.

Most of the routinely taken x-rays do not show up these scars unless very promisingly visible.