Have scabies and cannot afford treatment. Have hibiclens in house. related?

I need help! I have scabies and I cant afford much treatment. I do have hibiclens in my house though. Will that get rid of them? If so how should I use it?
Posted Thu, 26 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hibiclens cannot cure scabies

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare magic,

Scabies is caused by itch mite. Hibiclens is an anti septic and will not kill mites.

Permethrin 5 % cream( Elimite or Nix dermal cream) is good. Contact your chemist for this. Massage the cream into the skin from neck downwards to the soles of the feet, paying special attention to creases in the skin, hands, feet, between fingers and toes, underarms, and groin after scrub bath at night. 30 grams of cream should be used in single application.

Leave the permethrin cream on the skin for 8 to 12 hours.
Wash off by taking a bath the next day morning. Wash the clothes you wore and bed sheets and pillow covers in hot water and dry under sunlight.
Ideally you should treat all family members to prevent recurrence.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any clarifications I will be happy to help.
Follow-up: Have scabies and cannot afford treatment. Have hibiclens in house. related? 9 hours later
How many times should I use it?
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
One time use.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
This treatment if used correctly as instructed above, a single use is enough to cure scabies. However itching can persist for 1 to 2 weeks more for which you may take an over the counter anti histamine like zyrtec(cetrizine) or claritin(loratidine) once a day.
Hope I have answered your query.