Have scabby infection on eyebrow and it is spreading and has puss. What can it be?

i have a scabby infection on my eyebrow and it is spreding, it has pus and i think it is also spreading to my eyelid, what can it be?
Posted Mon, 1 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 20 minutes later
I have gone through the image. It could be
Viral infection
Insect bite
Eczema lesions are usually itchy
Viral infection like herpes zoster are usually associated with severe pain
Insect bite presents with slight itching and burning sensation.
Whatever be the cause as the lesions have started to crust, warm water compresses of the area followed by application of antibiotic cream like mupirocin or fusidic acid would help.

If you could let me know how the lesion evolved and progressed, I would be in better position to clarify your doubt.
Follow-up: Have scabby infection on eyebrow and it is spreading and has puss. What can it be? 31 minutes later
It started as a small bump I thought it was a pimple but it started getting bigger and bigger its only been about a week it doesnt hurt and it itches slighlty because it is drying the one on my eyelid is causing a little discomfort, I know its not eczema or a bug bite and I dont have herpes. It is just spreading and looks terrrible, please help. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 45 minutes later
Thanks for writing back and providing with details.
If I go by the description provided, it could simply be impetigo. It is a bacterial infection where a red raised swelling forms initially and then slight oozing begins which leads to honey colored crusts. It is quite infectious lesion and whereever the ooze streams down similar lesions appear at area of contact. Sometimes such lesions lead to eczema in surrounding area and is known as infective eczema. Treatment remains the same ie warm compresses followed by antibiotic application.
As far as the earlier differentials were concerned
Acute eczema begins as an itchy rash which starts to ooze and bleed with crust formation seen at few places
Herpes zoster occurs only once. It is characterised by redness and swelling in affected area along with appearance of grouped blisters. The area is painful.
Insect bite can also lead to such lesions. The lesions evolve suddenly as blisters which eventually crust. It is known as blister beetle dermatitis..
As I said earlier whatever be the cause right now Treatment remains the same.
Hope that helped you.