Have salty raw feeling just on lips. Unable to eat and drink certain foods. What to do?
User rating for this question
My mouth suddenly has a salty raw feeling just on my lips and it hurts to even drink or eat certain foods. It almost feels like I ate a whole bag of very very salty sunflower seeds. It feels crinkly.
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Use mouth wash, H pylori kit Detailed Answer: Hi, the causes for salty feeling can be because of problem in sinuses, gums, GERD, excessive coating of tongue (which can be because of altered bowel habits, stress)or poor oro-dental hygiene. Please do some relaxation exercises/yoga to de-stress yourself, use high fibre diet and frequent use of antiseptic mouth wash. Get a dental check up done and if need be go for dental scaling and examination of gums. Take a long course of proton pump inhibitors with antibiotics for H pylori (kit) after consulting your doctor. Take plenty of fluids and use mouth wash half an hour after a meal. Also get an ENT examination done along with xray PNS to rule out sinus infection. Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Have salty raw feeling just on lips. Unable to eat and drink certain foods. What to do? 47 minutes later
So do you think based on the symptoms it could be H.Pylori?
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Need confirmatory tests Detailed Answer: Hi, no dear, the diagnosis can only be made by certain tests like blood, stool and breath tests; confirmatory will be upper GI endoscopy. I, and for that matter no doctor can make a diagnosis of H pylori without this. Simple GERD will produce the same symptoms but can be treated with proton pump inhibitors (PPI) and there is no need for antibiotics. Even laryngopharyngeal reflux will also produce the same symptoms and can be treated with PPI. So, please take course of PPI for six weeks along with antiseptic mouthwash along with distressing measures and in case things do not improve, do consult an ENT and you may need to undergo endoscopy. Your ENT can also evaluate you for sinusitis may be with an X-ray PNS. Regards
People also viewed
- Eat banana drink coffee feel hot
- If i only eat 3 times a day no snacks and drink just water will i lose weight
- What to eat drink in typhoid
- How are cervicitis endometritis and vaginitis treated
- How are eye infections treated after viral infection
- Can periods be delayed due to hormonal imbalance
- Blocked ear during preganncy
- What to eat and drink after methamphetamine use
- How can i quit taking tobacco
- Blocked ear giving me headache
- Swollen gland blocked throat sore ears
- How are open sores on the foreskin treated
- Blocked ears swollen gland
- Green phlegm and blocked ear
- Diabetes what not to eat and drink