Have sabaceous cyst on penis. Taking oral steroid. Puss came out after squeezing. Syphilis?

HIV AIDS Specialist
ANSWERS BELOW YOUR QUESTIONS: That pimple like bump on your penis may be a sabaceous cyst (due to retention of sabaceous secretion of the oil gland) or some other benign cyst. Kindly mention about the duration, whether it is painful or not, about your sexual activity etc. If you could send pictures of the same I may be able to throw more light on the same.As you had already have the history of sensitive skin, the rash could be due to some type of eczema. You have not mentioned whether it is itchy or not. The location also you had mentioned as left side of you. It could not be able to understand the exact location. Kindly elaborate the same.

To answer your questions:

The duration has been about a week and a half now. It is a little pain on a scale of 1-10 I would rate it a three. Even when I apply alcohol, it only stings a little.

I am taking an oral steroid and the rash on my side is going away. It isn't very itchy but slightly itchy here and there. But since taking the oral steroid, it is going away.I did see a doctor and he thought it was an ingrown hair but that was before I busted it.

My sexual activity is I am a single male and have multiple parters.

I have pictures. How do I send them to you?

I did squeeze it and a good deal of puke XXXXXXX puss came out in a huge bubble. I squeezed some more and more puss came out. I clean the area with alcohol and applied Bactroban. The area has a sore now, but I am trying to keep it clean.

Could this be Syphyliis? I wear a condom always when having sex. This is located at the base of my penis.

Photo 1 seemed to have a little hair. I took a sterilized pair of tweezers and removed it. I don't believe that came from the sore because it lifted out with no resistance.

Photo 2 is after it was removed.

Photo 3 was taken before I bursted the puss pocket.

It does appear to be getting smaller. I am not messing with it at all except keeping it clean by applying alcohol with a cotton swab and then applying bactroban.

Pictures are uploaded.
Posted Tue, 26 Mar 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 9 hours later
Welcome back.

It is not at all related to Syphilis or any other STDs. It may be just a furuncle (small abscess) due to some superficial bacterial flora. Possibly hair folliculitis also. Nothing to worry. you have to stop oral steroids. You may likely to take a course of antibiotics if it recurs. Consult your dermatologist and he/she will guide you for further investigations to be done as you had multiple sex partners.
Your pictures are not giving more information than that it does not fit with any other STD.
Get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan