Have rumbling stomach, vaginal discharge and sweating. Stool and urine test normal. What could it be?

Excellent

Question
Hi there, I have had for a few months now an almost constantly rumbling stomach that seems to be either bloated or quite the opposite (concaved and empty). I also have excess vaginal discharge and have been sweating quite badly at night (which i have mever experienced before). Ive had a poo test done and vaginal swabs and they all came back normal. If someone is able to help me i would be so grateful as this has all been going on for so long.. Thanks :)
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 19 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, I read your medical history carefully and I understood your concerns. Could you please send in the results of the tests you did and your age? That could help me assist you further more specifically. Thank you. In lack of such data, I would say that your symptoms might be related to : - urinary tract infection : run urine analysis to rule it out - hormonal imbalances (as you are experiencing sweating) : get tested the hormones levels in blood (TSH, T3,T4,) - oscillations in blood sugar/cholesterol levels - oscillation in blood pressure - possible gastric problems (GERD,gastritis, ulcer) : get checked by a GI specialist - changes in your diet menu recently - any new medications you have started to use recently? Looking forward to have the data in. Thank you. Dr.Bardha

Follow-up: Have rumbling stomach, vaginal discharge and sweating. Stool and urine test normal. What could it be? 5 hours later
Hi dr bardha, thanks for your reply. I dont have access to the specific tests done im sorry but im fairly sure urinary tract infections were ruled out as well as any std's and im not sure what things they tested for in the stool sample.. Im 27 and am not on any medication (only using over the counter heyfever tablets occasionally, maybe 2 a week?) i havent changed anything in my diet recently that i can think of.. Except maybe eating lentils now with my lunches a few times a week. But i pretty certain these symptoms started before the lentils. XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for sending in more of your medical data. If no STDs, no UTI, then, most probably it is related to gastric problems including malabsorption, GERD or gastritis. So, I suggest to consult GI specialist to further investigate. If I was your caring doctor would ask to : - do malabsorption testing - do fibrogastroscopy Depending on the results, the treatment is given by your GI specialist. At the end, except for the analysis above, I strongly suggest monitoring of blood sugar and blood pressure. All the best! Dr.Bardha