Have round circles on cheek area. Feel scaly and itching. Suggest medicines until I see a dermatologist?

I believe that I might have ringworm on my face. I have a round circle on my left lower cheek area that I first thought was a bug bite. It is scaly and itches and now I have another patch closer to my ear and neck area. I have jury duty tomorrow . Is there anything I can get over the counter until I can see my dermatologist?
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes,probably it is fungal infection.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to the XXXXXXX

As you have described the lesion, I can make out it as Taenia infection (ring worm) only. Another lesion near by also further confirm the diagnosis.

Confirmation of the diagnosis is done by microbiologist by directly visualizing the scrapings of the lesion.

If you have loaded a photograph of the lesion. it would have been easier to diagnose it with more accuracy.

Application of anti fungal (Clotrimazole/Miconazole cream) three times a day for a week can eradicate the lesion completely.

Avoid sharing of linens like towel and clothes.

Hygiene maintenance.

Plse Rule out diabetes.

Hope the query is answered.

Please feel free for further clarification,