Have rotoscoliosis, pain after delivery. Taking Percoset. What can be done?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My daughter suffers from rotoscoliosis, which has worsened considerably over the last year. She has just given birth and the pain has become unbearable, most likely from the epidural they gave her. She is currently taking percoset that was given to her but she only has about 4 more days worth. The times when it wears off she is in tears until the pills start to work. She is begging me to help her but I don't know how. She is only 19 and far too young to be in constant pain like this. What can I do to help her? Should we go back to the anesthesiologist? If not, what type of doctor should she see?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Rotoscoliosis is often a painful condition which is aggravated by abnormal body position. If the pain is getting relieved by tablet Precocet then adding a good muscle relaxant like thiocolchicoside will be helpful.
Wearing an orthopedic back brace and back strengthening exercises under the guidance of her orthopedician will be helpful.
Meanwhile she can have calcium supplements and do a hot fomentation for short term relief. Applying local analgesic gels on the area will be helpful.
I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.