Have ripped skin that attaches penis head to the shaft of penis. Suggest?

Question
last night I tore the skin that attaches my penis head to the shaft of my penis. do I need to go to the doctors or emergancy room if not what should I do
Posted Thu, 5 Sep 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 minutes later
Hi Dear,
If it is bleeding, consult the doctor immediately and if not, than avoid any kind of sexual activity for a couple of weeks
Good luck

Follow-up: Have ripped skin that attaches penis head to the shaft of penis. Suggest? 2 minutes later
it was completely severed. does this require surgery or stitches?

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Stitching would suffice

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

A minor procedure involving stitching would suffice. There is no need for any serious surgical intervention.