Have ringworm on back. Using triamcinolon. Not cured. What to do?

I went to the dr. she gave me Triamcinolon to put on this outline of a oval on my back. I didn't work its not ring worm. I have now had it for three months? What do I do?
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 4 hours later

I have seen the picture attached and your query.

Triamcilone is a synthetic topical steroid. It is effective in a variety of conditions.

How long did you use it? You must have used it at least for a minimum of 2 weeks to see the expected results.

It seems like ringworm to me. You could try a course of topical antifungal like Lotrimin. The only way to confirm it would be to go in for a biopsy of the lesion.

Let me know if you have more concerns.

Get well soon.
Follow-up: Have ringworm on back. Using triamcinolon. Not cured. What to do? 8 hours later
I took lotrimin first it got worse i took it for almost 3 weeks. this thing stared out as a very small almost scab and turned into a a empty cirlcle. I used the steriod for 2 1/2 weeks she told me to stop if it wasn't gone.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 13 hours later
In such a case, getting a biopsy of the lesion done would be ideal. We can confirm the cause and treat it accordingly.

Speak to your Dermatologist about getting one done.

You may stop using the steroid now, as it is not helping you.