Have ringworm as well as scabies. How to treat these conditions? Suggest some alternate medicine

I have ringworm AS well as scabies. How do I treat both conditions properly at the same time? What modern,homeopathic, and herbal medications do you recommend?
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 21 minutes later
Hi ,

Thanks for writing in.

Ringworm is a fungal infection and scabies is ectoparasitic infestation.

Both are curable with certainty.

Scabies is treatable by single application of permethrin or lindane .It should be applied after a scub bath at night time . Whole body area below neck is to be covered especially finger webs and genitals.
After keeping it overnight it should be washed in morning.

For ring worm you can try application of clotrimazole cream twice daily.
Also oral antifungals may be required in extensive ring worm.
Clotrimazole is available over the counter and oral drugs will require prescription.

Hope this helps.

I will be available for follow up.

Dr Sudarshan