Have rings looking like bites on shoulder, no itching or pain, burning sensation

I have three rings that look sort of like bites on my shoulder and shoulder blade. They have four perfectly symmetrical red dots (puncture marks?) inside a faint circle. The circle is about the size of a XXXXXXX The first one i saw looked just like a button and I suspected I had slept on a button for a moment. But there are clear red dots that could not have come from laying on something. I developed another later in the day that was the same, except it had a fifth dot in the middle. Now I woke up with a third next to the first one.

The red circle around it fades very quickly. The red symmetrical dots (in a square pattern) remain. They do not itch or hurt. There is a very very mild burning sensation, if anything at all.
Posted Tue, 11 Sep 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. R. P. Gupta 40 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
The clinical description and photograph attached indicate insect bites. You should apply a soothing lotion like Calamine twice a day and take Tablet Fexofenadine 180 mg once a day for a few days.

Hope this helps.

Dr. R.P. Gupta
Dermatologist & Laser Surgeon
Delhi, India
Follow-up: Have rings looking like bites on shoulder, no itching or pain, burning sensation 25 minutes later
But why four puncture marks? I cant find any description of a bug that makes four evenly spaced puncture marks. This is consistent in each of the three circles. They are identical.
Answered by Dr. R. P. Gupta 8 hours later

Your query is very valid. I feel it could be due to four symmetrical stings the bug may be having which bit you. If you do the treatment as I have already advised it should help. Please let me know the follow-up.