Have rheumatoid arthritis, prescribed indomethacin, have nausea. Permanent cure?

I am suffering from Rhemutaoid Arthiritis. The doctor has pecribed IndoMethyacin Extended release. But I am getting vomiting sensation. Also if i discontinue the medicine for 1-2 days the pain comes back.
I am on dieterary restrictions also
Is there any way I can get cured permanantly and donot have to depend on medication daily?
Right now if i climb stairs or run, the pain occurs.Is there any way i vcan continue these activitied i without pain?
Posted Sat, 21 Jul 2012 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Praveen Jadhav 7 hours later

If you have rheumatoid arthritis, you need much more than indomethacin. Indomethacin is a pain killer and has to be used till other main drugs used for RA can act. The main drugs used in RA are called DMARDs and include medications such as methotrexate, choloroquine, leflunomide and sulfasalazine. These have to be taken under the supervision of a rheumatologist. So, my suggestion would be to look up for a rheumatologist in your town and get under his treatment.

Unfortunately, RA is not curable. However, it is definitely controllable and you should be able to lead a normal life with a proper guidance. A proper rheumatologist will knock off your painkiller and keep you on minimal possible DMARDs.

Dr Praveen Jadhav
Follow-up: Have rheumatoid arthritis, prescribed indomethacin, have nausea. Permanent cure? 12 hours later
Thank you Sir. please suggest some good rheumatologist in bangalore, if possible
Answered by Dr. Praveen Jadhav 9 hours later
These are a few names of members of Indian Rheumatology Association from Bangalore. These may not neccessarily be rheumatologist, but they may be interested in rheumatology or can guide you to contact a rheumatologist -

E1 - 202, Sriram White house, RT Nagar, Bangalore, 0000, Tel 0000, 0000, YYYY@YYYY

no 29, 5th block, central street, KPW extnsion, Bangalore 0000. 0000.