Have rheumatoid arthritis. Test showed normal lymphocytes and wbc range. Chances of cancer?

I am 41.5 yrs old and suffering from Rheumatoid arthritis since 1997. I have been on arava and methotrexate off and on and not being regular. For the last around 2 years i have not taken any medicine excep pain killlers (diclofenac sodium). 2 days back in one of the routine blood tests, my lymphocytes are 47%. total WBC count is 6300. I am extremely worried. Is it cancer? I also have linear atelactic in both the right and lower zones. I have been a smoker and also take alcohol. But i have given it up since yesterday. I have two small kids 7 & 13. Is my illness serious? Please save me.
Posted Tue, 15 Jan 2013 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 5 hours later
Hi, welcome XXXXXXX
I will explain the normal range of blood cells. Normal lymphocytes range between 18-48% and white blood counts range between 3000 to 0000 of total count. Your blood values of lyphocytes and WBCs appears normal . So no need to concern about that.
Linear atelectic changes may be related to rheumatoid changes in lungs. Smoking does not cause atelectasis. It causes either bronchitis or dialtation of airways. In malignancy there may be well defined or ill defined mass in lungs.
So depending on laboratory investigations and xray findings , you dont have any cancer at all. So dont get panic ,just relax. It will better if you continue on your decision of giving up alcohol and smoking.
Hope i have answered your query. If any further concern, let me know.