Have reoccurring small pimple bellow my belly button. had protected sex. Any relation?

About two months ago i noticed a small pimple like bump about 2" below my belly button. It was gone about a week later. After another week, I noticed two more around the same spot. One had a white head and I popped it, it bled and scabbed and then went away. A couple weeks later I had a couple more, now I have about 6, some have scabbed without trying to pop them. One of them has almost a white ring around it. They seem like they are going away. The other day I noticed two very small black rings in the same area. I plan on seeing a dr. but I figured I would ask and see if you have any ideas or ointments that may help. I have had sex with 3 different girls in the last year and always wear condoms. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you!
Posted Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later
Since you have had a safe and protected sex, the chances of any STD are unlikely.
The lesions like you have described are likely to be due to superficial staphylococcus bacterial infection.

I would suggest you to stop popping those bumps right away, and keep the area clean. You could apply over the counter antiseptics for a couple of days after bath like Neosporin or polysporin, to see if the lesion gets any better. You can plan the next step later, in the event if it doesn't. Keep a vigil on the number of lesions. Go for a review if numbers are increasing steadily and worsening happens over the next few days.
Applying aloe vera gel will help in taking care of the itching if there is any.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.