Have reoccurring clear fluid filled blisters on top of scalp. What could this be?

my father is having reaccurring clear fluid filled blisters on top of his scalp which dont seem to be healing. they originally started out as a wound then it just seemed to slowly progress now the blisters just keep coming back. he is a type 2 diabetic and it is starting to concern me that they are related some how. he has gone to his internist who did a blood test and said that his blood work looks normal. blood sugar levels are good, wbc levels are normal. just recently a blister appeared on his right forearm with no underlying cause, no trauma or wound. i dont know what this is. they have given him a steroid cream which appeared to be working at drying them out but after awhile they would end up popping up again. just recently in the last 6 months he has also had a bad case of eczema.
Posted Mon, 22 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later

The lesions you are describing can be pemphigus vulgaris, bullous pemphigoid, bullous impetigo etc.

In addition, I would like to know-

Since when he has this problem?

Does he have itching /pain over the pain?

Does he have any ulcer or sore in oral cavity?

Are there any other problems like fever /other symptoms?

Answer the above questions and UPLOAD PHOTOS of the affected area. Photos can help a lot in predicting the condition. You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

In addition, treatment of the condition depends on the diagnosis.

Exact diagnosis is essential for correct and effective treatment.

Anticipating your response.