Have renal microliths, bulky and anteverted uterus. Started spotting with abdominal pain. Cause and cure?

Mar 2013
recently my ultrasound report is showing bulky and anteverted uterus measuring 9.7/6.1-4.7 I have also been diagnosed with left renal microliths,I get pain in left side of lower abdomen and at times i get spotting also,is this spotting problem is related to renal or any other gyne problem.
Posted Wed, 6 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
I have gone through your ultrasound report.
Your left kidney has small calculi ( stones ) and most probably those are responsible for the pain in the lower left side of your abdomen.
As for your spotting, that is definitely not caued by renal stones.
You are 43, and hence peri menopausal, so it could be hormonal changes which lead to intermittent spotting.
A bulky uterus by itself does not cause irregular spotting, only if there are changes of adenomyosis or endometrial hyperplasia ( thickening of the lining of the uterus ).
Please confirm whether a transvaginal ultrasound was done, because an abdominal ultrasound often fails to pick up pelvic pathology.
Also, certain other conditions might cause such spotting :
Thyroid disturbances.
Stress / anxiety / irritability / emotional upheavals / rapid loss or gain of weight.
Conditions like polyps or tumours on the cervix ( mouth of the uterus )
Hormonal imbalance, which , as I mentioned is common at this age.
Certain hormonal or other medications which you might be taking simultaneously.
Endometriosis , which is often not shown on ultrasound, and is a clinical condition.

Please consult a gynecologist to have a further evaluation and detailed testing, and also a nephrologist, for advice on the renal calculi and their management.
Meanwhile, exercise regularly, have lots of fluids, eat a healthy diet, maintain an ideal BMI, and try practising yoga / meditation.

Take care, and feel free to ask for any further clarifications.
Follow-up: Have renal microliths, bulky and anteverted uterus. Started spotting with abdominal pain. Cause and cure? 8 hours later
Hi, doctor my Blood, Urine and Stool test reports recieved are given below :

Haemoglobin - 11
Total count (WBC) - 7,200
ESR - 1 hr 38 mm
Diffrential count, platlets, RBC, PCV,MCV,MCH,MICH all within normal limits

Motion Routine>

Ova & Cyst - Not Seen
Mucus - Absent
Occult Blood - Negative
Pus cells - 2 - 4/HPF
RBC's - 4 - 6/HPF
Bacteria - Present +
Yeast cells seen
Round worms seen

Urine Analysis >

Albumin - NIL
Sugar (R) - NIL
Bile salt & Bile pigment - Negative

Pus Cells - 8 - 10/HPF
Plenty of Epithelial cells seen
RBCs - 4 - 6/HPF
Bacteria - Present +

Request pl provide me the most likely diagnosis and recommended treatment.

Firstly, your haematology results are normal.
Second - your stool ( motion ) routine :
Bacteria and pus cells plus RBC s indicate infection, for which stool culture should ideally be done. If you are not suffering from diarrhoea and dysentery, such a small number is not bothersome.
Candida is a normal component of stools, unless the culture shows a significant amount of it.
Roundworms definitely need treatment - a three day course of Mebendazole with one tablet taken per day suffices.
Your urine is also showing infection, and this could be because of the renal stones.
A urine culture will show exactly which bacteria is the cause, and accordingly, antibiotics should be taken.