Have regular periods. Suggest ways to postpone periods?

Mar 2016

Good Morning Dr,
My wife got periods on XXXXXXX 4th ,her period cycle are regular.So next period date will be 2nd of july and we got travel and function on those dates.Is there any way to postpone the periods.
Posted Mon, 8 Jul 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later

Yes, period can be postponed or delayed for few days from due date by using hormonal medications (like progesterone pill). These are widely used for most of the patients.

As you have planned for traveling on those dates, she can take Norethisterone tab to postpone her period. It should be taken 3 days prior to period due date. She would get a withdrawal bleeding, similar to period within 3-5 days after stopping the tab. It is a prescription only drug. Please take the drug prescribed by her doctor.

Hope, I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help.

Wish your good health & happy journey.

Dr Soumen