Have regular itching on genital area, advised tablet and cream but no help. Suggest?

Excellent

Question
Dear Doctor,

Regularly itching on my genital area, and also i check wth skin specialties, he advice me to take tablet and cream, soap. Please advice me to see consultant.
no improvement on these tablet,

XXXXXXX C

Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
tinea cruris

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

I am sorry about your current health status. It is frustrating when there is constant itching in the genital area.

I am not sure what tablet and cream you have used for this condition. Tyza powder is good but not very effective in situations like yours.

In my view, you probably have fungal infection or Tinea of the genital area, also called as Tinea Cruris.

This is a problem concern because it requires complete and long treatment for cure to occur.

I treat my patients with a minimum of 3 weeks course of anti-fungal ointment like Clotrimazole to be applied twice daily without fail.

You can try this too. It would definitely help.

I wish you quick recovery.

Follow-up: Have regular itching on genital area, advised tablet and cream but no help. Suggest? 7 minutes later
Dear Doctor,

I will try this oilment and revert you soon, but im very disappointed during office hours itching, tomorrow i will share the tablet name and oilment.

last time i spend nearly 1K ruppes no improvement, rellay worried.

Please help or you can send any specialties doctor where i can check with them in chennai any location.

Thanks & regards,
XXXXXXX C

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
follow the below sugestions

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Believe me, this fungal infection is difficult to treat, and it recurs often inspite of treatment.

Please apply the ointment twice daily. Make sure the ointment is there on the genital area 24/7 so that full action of the medicine will be present.

Try for 3 weeks completely. It should be gone by then.

Also, you can take a single tablet of Fluconazole 150 mg orally. Please get this prescribed by your doctor.

You can consult a local Dermatologist nearby to you. This can be easily treated by any doctor.

Get well soon.

Follow-up: Have regular itching on genital area, advised tablet and cream but no help. Suggest? 14 hours later
Dear Doctor,

Thanks, i will try this ointment and get back you after three weeks.

XXXXXXX C

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please go ahead with the treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Please go ahead with the treatment as suggested.

I wish you quick recovery.