Have reflux oesophagitis. Getting palpitation and bloated stomach. Related with this disease?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Hello Doctor , My name is Nishant and 35 years old . Height 5,5 and weight 75 Kilo . I have Reflux Oesophagitis Lax XXXXXXX .i have started to eat smaller meals and only vegetables and fruits . During night I have to get up at 3:00 am to eat since my stomach bloats and have a palpitations.I have eat something and the palpitations is gone . I have no Cholestrol . Checked with the doctor everything is okay with my heart .I also have pain on the fingers . Please reply back . What is the permanent solution for the Reflux Oesophagitis.

I also forgot to inform that I have pain the finger and back of my body . I am really scared .
Posted Wed, 27 Feb 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later

My first word is a word of reassurance for you

Need not get scared

Permanent solution to reflux depends on the severity - After looking to your reports I feel you should wait before getting any surgery planned

What are the current medications you are taking ?

In the mean time follow these tips :

1] Avoid spicy, fermented meals
2] Do not have heavy meals
3] Avoid smoking and alcohol
4] Wear loose clothes
5] Do not stoop
6] Do not lift heavy weights
7] Raise the head end of your bed
8] If Obese lose weight
9] If under stress - Manage stress levels by meditation and exercise

Pain in finger and back are not related though some patients of reflux with posterior wall gastritis complain of backache which is rare

Get back to me with the medications and will guide you accordingly

Wishing you a healthy life ahead