Ask a Urologist   »  

Have redness on foreskin, pain and brown sticky secretion from penis. Underlying cause?

Hi doctor, i have a problem here

So every day i came back from school, my penis will stick to the underwear. When i pull it out, theres a brownish dried out stain on the undies, and it smell foul. Random pain will occur throughout the day on my penis, especially when i cross my legs. My foreskin also looks kinda red, and when i sit down, i feel like my penis is peeing a little bit but then it went away.
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 25 minutes later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
•     14 year old male
•     Complaints of: Pain and brown sticky secretion from penis.

I would like to consider multiple possibilities in following hierarchy:
•     Urogenital tract stone: It is first possibility in your case. It can present with blood in urine, brown sticky secretion and penile pain. In your age group there is need to bladder stone. For diagnosis you may need investigation like ultrasound of lower abdomen. In such cases consultation with urologist will be helpful. It is better to tell about your problem to your parents, so that consultation with doctor can occur soon. Till the time you XXXXXXX urologist drink plenty of waters.
•     Urinary tract infection: It is associated with brown yellow sticky secretion, burning, fever and frequency of micturition. To diagnose such cases investigations like urine routine/microscopy and culture are required. Treatment usually given in form of antibiotic medicines. Consultation with general physician will be helpful in such cases.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Have redness on foreskin, pain and brown sticky secretion from penis. Underlying cause? 3 minutes later
And also doc, i feel a burning sensation during and after urinating in the day, but in the morning after sleeping, no pain or any stain are found at all. Does that confirm anything?
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 18 hours later
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

Burning sensation during and after urination indicate presence of infection. So, it is better to seek treatment early as you may need treatment with antibiotics.

Apart from that infection can occur in presence of stone problem.

Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.

Wish you good health.