Have redness and bumps on labia. Is this a heat rash?

I have what seems to be a heat rash on my labia.. The entire area is red and rasht but there are a few bumps.. I've been with the same person for three years so I don't think it is herpes and I've looked at the pictures doesn't look anything like that.. Really just looks like a heat rash. I worse spanks for about 18 hours the other day wearing a tampon way to long as also recently switched soap. Could this be a heat rash?
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 39 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

It is very difficult to say what the lesions can be without an examination. I suggest that you consult your doctor who shall examine you and guide you accordingly.

The description provided by you suggests that it can be due to:
1. Heat.
2. Prolonged use of tampon.
3. Change of soap.
Till you consult your doctor it shall be advisable to wash yourself thoroughly and keep the area dry. The rashes should start subsiding if they are due to the heat.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing you an early recovery.

Rajiv K Khandelwal