Have red spots on upper thigh. What is causing this and how to get cured?

Yes, thank you...I have 4 circular stain like red spots on my upper left thigh. It has gotten lighter or darker mauve red In the past month. It has a very light veil of white on top. What on Earth could it be? I live in very dry rooms with radiators,I have new detergent. Do you have any thoughts as to what it may be? XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 5 hours later
Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

It would be better if you could upload a picture of the skin lesions.

Skin allergy to the new detergent is a possibility.One option is to try to switch to organic brands of liquid detergents and make sure the detergent is completely removed from the clothes by thorough rinsing.

Please do get your blood sugar levels checked ,as uncontrolled blood sugar can also present with skin lesions.

Dry skin can also aggravate the problem.

Make sure you drink plenty of water (at least 8-10 glasses).

In my opinion, it would be best if you could directly visit a dermatologist, who might even suggest a skin biopsy if necessary.

I hope I have answered your question. Please do get back to me if you have further queries.

Have a great day :)

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan