Have red spots on throat, pain during swallowing. Had some vomiting episode. Cause?

I have red spots that look bloodyon the back of my throat. It is hard to swallow and the pain has been constant for 3 days now.
The throat pain started this past Sunday. That night, I presented with a violent, 24 hour vomiting episode. Tuesday I recovered from the vomiting, but the throat pain has still persisted. It is now a Wednesday.
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 3 hours later
Hello and thanks for posting the query
Sore throat is very common after constant vomiting episodes. Sore throat may occur due to vomit undigested material or acid reflex at the time of vomiting etc. To get rid from it follow some instructions:
1. Do regular lukewarm water gargles.
2. Avoid spicy, oily, sugary food products.
3. Avoid cold drinks or water. Always eat fresh and hygienic food.
4. An antibiotic course is needed if their is any sign of infection like fever, redness of throat. Consult your doctor for that.
5. If pain is severe Betadine gargles after every 1-2 hours helps a lot. Please consult your doctor before using it.
6. Take anti-inflammatory drug like Ibuprofen to reduce swelling and pain.

Hope this will help you. Write back for any follow up query.
Best Wishes
Dr. Kulbir Singh
Follow-up: Have red spots on throat, pain during swallowing. Had some vomiting episode. Cause? 4 minutes later
This is not a follow up question. Just a thank you for your help!
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 5 minutes later
Thanks Dear
It is my pleasure to hep you.