Have red spots on penis head and inside skin with slight pus, pain and irritation. Suggest?

i have red spots on my penis head and inside of cock skin....slight puss too..pain..irritating
Posted Tue, 1 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Balanitis is likely....

Detailed Answer:

Do you mean you have pus discharge or is white collection that normally accumulates under the foreskin?

The red spot with pain and pus discharge (if it is indeed pus discharge) from the glans of penis suggest that this could be balanitis secondary to bacterial infection. If the lesion is not large and pus discharge is not significantly large, I suggest you to clean the area under clear running water. Apply a layer of topical antibiotic agents such as mupirocin (bactroban 2%) cream on the affected area and observe for couple of days.

In the mean time, keep the area clean and dry; maintain good personal hygeine.

If symptoms persist or worsen in the next 3 days, you should see a doctor for detailed evaluation. You might need further investigation such as microscopic study of the pus sample and culture along with urine test to isolate specific infection.

I hope you were not involved in an unprotected sexual intercourse. If yes, before trying any ointment, visit a STD clinic for assessment of sexually transmitted bacterial infections.

Hope this helps. Write back for clarifications.

Follow-up: Have red spots on penis head and inside skin with slight pus, pain and irritation. Suggest? 39 minutes later
there is not much puss..just a drop....i have not been involved in sex....what is the name of cream ( market name ) to be used?...any antibiotic ?
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
From where do you find pus?

Detailed Answer:

If the pus discharge is from the red spot, you can try 2% bactroban ointment on the affected area for a few days. You can follow the other instructions as mentioned in my previous reply.

But if the discharge is from the urethral meatus (opening) then it is better to get urine routine and culture before using the antibiotics.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.