Have red spots on meatus. Tested negative for STD. Worrisome

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I have a small red spot on my meatus all my std tests came back negative,no other symptoms.I feel slight almost no pain on it ,but im still worried...
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX
It is hard for me to evaluate this without photo,but it doesnt sounds to me like something serious. Meatus is normally a bit more red than the other parts of penis. If this isnt infection it can be sign of allergy or irritation. It usually pass in a few days, but you can apply some 1%hydrocortisone cream. If you dont have pain, fever, discharge or progression in size or amount of those spots,you should just wait and see.Nothing bad can happen. Keep this area clean and dry, dont wear syntetic clothes that provoke sweating.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help