Have red spots and rashes on penis head. Taken antibiotics and Foban cream. Earlier had protected sex. STD?

Excellent

Question

Good day, i have red spots and rashes on my penile head. Last month i have protected sex and after that it grew rashes and red spots. I have consulted my GP three times and the GP gives me some antibiotics and foban cream to apply on it. To my surprise it disappear. However it came back again. The first outbreak is not itchy and after the medicine, it disappear entirely. However i had sex with my longer relationship girl friend (two years relationship), it came back again and it wouldnt go off. Hence i went to see the GP again and the GP assure me that it is not STD and i continue to apply the forban cream and it didnt fully recover however the condition is sustain and it doesnt has itchiness. However when i masturbate, the red rashes will appear and when things cool down it will become light pink and eventually back to normal. Doctor here is a couple of photos. Can you please kindly tell me that it is not STD? Thank you so much
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in Asthma and Allergy

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 4 hours later

I have reviewed your question, history and photos. Based on the history and the photos it is not likely an STD. It could be related to a superficial skin infection or other skin irritation. The fact that it improved with the Foban cream makes me think it's some kind of bacterial infection. I would try using the cream as directed for a week without out any sexual intercourse or other irritation. If it doesn't get better and go away you should see if they can culture anything on the lesions.

I hope this answers your questions. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Follow-up: Have red spots and rashes on penis head. Taken antibiotics and Foban cream. Earlier had protected sex. STD? 40 hours later
Thanks doctor. Your answer really helps alot. Yes the rashes reduces after i applied forban cream. It is getting better now. I hope it clears asap. I appreciate your answer. Thanks sir

You are welcome. It should go away after a bit of time and not come back.