Have red sore on buttock. Prescribed doxy-cycl hypl and clobex. What can be done?

I have a sore in the crack of my buttox. Sore and red. Towards the top part. Been to 3 Dr. With very little help. Last one was a dertmoligist 7/25/13 who put me on doxy-cycl hypl 2 a day and Clobex spray 2 times a day..2nd one put me on fluconazole 200mg 1 a week.and Econazole 1 0/0 2 times a day and nystatin 0000U 2 times a day 7/19/13 hope this helps
Posted Sun, 25 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Alekhya 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

The medications prescribed by your doctor are reasonable and they will help you a lot to resolve your symptoms.As anti fungal treatment is suggestible for such type of sores as they are mostly fungal.Along with them I advice you to make the area clean and dry.If there is any problem with constipation then you need to have laxatives.There are chances of pilonidal sinus as there will hair in that area.I hope your doctor may ruled out that too.

Hope I have answered your query.Follow-up queries are always welcome.
Wish you a good health.