Have red ring on top of finger and looks like bruise on the centre. Any treatment?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i have a red ring on top my finger between 2 knuckles, looks like i drew a shackycircle, it does not itch, hand one on top of left hand last week it went away after a few hours. although it was larger and looked like a bruise in the center, but not raised or dry just discoleration from what i can see, though it has been happening for a few weeks on and off
Posted Fri, 7 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
From your description it seems that you are having an insect bite reactions or allergic response to something.
Use a topical corticosteroid-antibiotic (betamethasone-fusidic acid) combination cream that am sure any local pharmacist will supply you OTC (over the counter) in a situation such as this. Please feel free to take a copy of this transcript/discussion that may help you with the pharmacist. This cream may be applied to the individual lesions twice/day for 2-3 days & in addition, you may want to add a non-sedative antihistamine that may help relieve the lesions swiftly (fexofenadine180mg).
In case the lesions are persistent then it is best to consult a dermatologist for a direct examination.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.